Monday, January 28, 2008

Customer Dis-service?

Okay, just gotta tell this. First, some background. I got a couple of e-mails from a friend of mine last week. We were replying back and forth on 2 different subjects. (She's had the same e-mail as long as I've known her- at least 4 years) Upon responding to one of her e-mails, I get it kicked back saying, "My Friend does not have an e-mail account with sbcglobal.net". Ooooookay, so I send her a new message to inform her I got that one back. It goes through fine. So, I try forwarding the other message, pulling her address from my address book- it stil comes back. She calls, they say they're doing service on the lines, and it should be cleared up in about 45 minutes. So, I just decide to wait it out. E-mails start going through fine.

Well, this morning, I reply to one that we've been back and forth with about 20 times, and it comes back with the same message. So, frustrated, My Friend contacts customer service. That conversation went something like this: (oh, and some names have been changed to protect the innocent AND the guilty!)

Thank you for contacting AT&T Internet Services, my name is Customer Service. One moment while I review your information.

My Friend: okay

Customer Service: I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and I will do my best to assist you with this issue. The agent is sending you to http://helpme.att.net/article.php?item=7075.
Customer Service: Please click on the link.

My Friend: i've clicked on the link
My Friend: they are replying to emails i sent
My Friend: they are in my address book
My Friend: i have not blocked them
My Friend: i have not enabled mail forwading
My Friend: they get notices saying i don't have an account
My Friend: i reported this friday and got told it was a maintenance period
My Friend: it's still happening

Customer Service: Let me try to send you wn email address.
Customer Service: May I have your email address please.

My Friend: My Friend@sbcglobal.net

Customer Service: Thank you.

My Friend: you are welcome

Customer Service: Your e-mail to the Member was successfully sent to My Friend@sbcglobal.net at 1/28/2008 12:30:53 PM PST

My Friend: the people are only having this problem some of the time. one emailed me friday and had the bounce and then later friday it didn't. then she emailed me saturday and sunday fine. now today she's getting the bounce again, on a chain of emails we sent back and forth replying to each other. so one email going through does not prove it's fixed. why does some computer think i don't have an account?

Customer Service: I already provided you all the possible causes why you cant receive their emails.
Customer Service: if you want check their email addresses if they are on your Block addresses list.

Okay, there's more, but you get the idea. (and, don't ask me why I chose a Christmas Theme for my colors!)

No comments: