Thursday, August 18, 2011

O is for

OPINIONATED.


I don't hold back, and I have an opinion on EVERYTHING. Just ask me! No topic is too big or too small.



Politics? I'm a conservative, tea party, the less government the better kind of person.


Doodling? This should come as no surprise- I'm against mixing breeds intentionally just "because". If you just HAVE to have a doodle- call a poodle rescue organization, that's where most of them end up. (And, by the way, most of them DO shed!)


Rescuing vs. breeders? Here's a hint- YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE! Yep, that's right! If you want a rescue dog, or a shelter dog, GREAT! Good for you- go right out and find the dog of your dreams. However, if you want a pure bred dog, also GREAT! Go out and find the dog of your dreams. Where I have issues is when someone tells me that I should get a rescue dog instead of purchasing a purebred. Whatever happened to MY right to own a purebred? Because we do obedience, agility, and dabble in conformation I like knowing what I am getting. When I get a dog from a reputable breeder, I have a fairly good indication of the dog's build, temperament, and future health. Is it 100%? No, but to manipulate a well-known phrase "Shelter dogs are like a box of chocolates- you never know what you're going to get." When you have a goal in mind with your dog of choice, the more of a leg up you have, the better.


I could go on for pages and pages and pages, but I think you get the idea!

No comments: