Monday, August 15, 2011

L is for.....



LITERARY


I love to read, I love to write, I love the smell of an old book. My parents taught me to read at a fairly young age. "Hop on Pop." Loved it. Read it to them so often that, at times, they briefly regretted teaching me this wonderful skill.


Reading is a respite, a chance to get away from the humdrum of every day life. When I read, I can spend time on a dessert island without getting sunburned. I can enjoy the view from a helicopter despite my fear of heights. I can visit exotic lands without fear of the local cuisine.


Reading is not only an escape, it's a way to continue to learn and grow, regardless of you age, interests, or physical condition. You can read virtually anywhere; on a plane, on the bus, in the doctor's office, on the toilet.


There are few things that are as fulfilling as a new book!

No comments: