Thursday, August 11, 2011

I is for.....

Incandescence! Okay, so not really, that's just the sun reflecting off beads of sweat on my skin. For I, there are so many, really, it was hard to choose one.

Impatient- this is probably the biggest for me. I have zero patience, and it shows. I don't like waiting in lines, I don't like chaos, I don't like processes that aren't streamlined. This probably gets me in trouble more than anything else. I am a product of the "instant gratification" generation.

Intelligent- unfortunately, I think this helps to feed into my impatience. I do not deal well with people who are, shall we say, have zero common sense. I have a baseline of intelligence level that I expect people who hold certain jobs to possess. For instance, if you are working at a cash register, you should be able to make change. Period. Anything less than that and you should be doing something else. If my total is $3.01, and I give you $10.01. I expect you to be smart enough, without a machine telling you, that I get $7.00 back. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen.

Imperfect- of course then again, aren't we all? The difference, is that I am aware that I am imperfect, and while I might strive to reach that pinnacle, I choose to not beat myself up when my flaws come through. I embrace them, study them, and search for ways to improve upon them. This is actually harder than it sounds, and I fall flat. But, that doesn't keep me from trying.

Finally

I stands for....I. As in, self. I am always true to myself. One cannot give anything of value to others until they learn to be true to oneself.

Now, on to think about J.

No comments: